Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Day of Reckoning


Tick, tick and ticking away...
I can hear it everywhere
In my bedroom and even in the dark alleys
And it won't stop now.
It ain't slow and steady
Its like a bomb ticking fast and frantically...

It has a life and a voice of its own,
Which cries aloud in despair.
It sobs sitting in a corner inside me,
Wondering why they don't care.

I can see it coming
With a speed of lightning.
The day will come soon enough,
When I will have to see it crumbling.

That day, the doomsday of my soul,
To bits and pieces it will explode.
The day when I pay the final price.
It'll leave nothing but ashes.
And then you may talk to me
Staring deep into my hollow eyes...

1 comment:

  1. You write very well. Why did you stop?

    P.S.: You look really familiar from that picture! :O No kidding!

    ReplyDelete